Word Now!

CBM'S OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What's Your Favorite Book of the Bible?

Pic c/o Fotosearch
To stop a small quip war that was slowly brewing between my two daughters, from escalating into a serious headache for me, I asked them to help with this blog post. "What's your favorite book of the Bible ladies?" The clamorous two quieted as they turned and looked at me.
I had them right where I wanted them and almost instantly they forgot about taunting one another and yelled out their answers. "The old testament!" said my oldest daughter and less than a split second later my younger daughter raised her hand but didn't hold back "the new testament!"
Their answers were great and like them I'd forgotten my original plan which was to quiet them down. Before we knew it quoting Bible facts became the focus. We were all laughing, enjoying one another and God.  It was great!
There is an old English Proverb that says "the soul is healed by being with children." And in my humble opinion whoever said that didn't have teenagers. But I know God knows how to speak to the heart of men my daughters (generation x) and me included.
Nevertheless, I did want to share that Proverbs was my favorite book of the Bible because it's about lessons learned and the wisdom gained from applying them to your life.  God is good!



Remember,

pray without ceasing.
Read your Bible every day and apply it till the Bridegroom comes!

Your sister in Christ
MJJaymz



No comments: