Word Now!

CBM'S OTHER PAGES

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review - A Living Sacrifice

          Author Watchman Nee goes from baptism to consecration in 4 easy to comprehend chapters.  And all this according to a barrage of scripture that you probably have read but never quite looked at with as much detail before now. 

Nee also teaches about how to deal with "the things one did before trusting in the Lord."  This lesson alone was worth reading the book.  There aren't too many books out there that talk about what to do regarding the things you did in the past and how to conclude them. Good stuff!

          The entire time I read the book I felt the overwhelming sense that the answer or the power lies in obedience to God's Word. It's as simple as that.  From lesson to lesson my mind flashed to scenarios that I realized my subconscious resistance to God's Word had caused.   The realization of my true state, in that I am not always the "victim" my heart wants me to be, became apparently clear and the enemy's antics at work in me were exposed.

          And like the rich young ruler had to find out..(Luke 18:18-30). God wants all or nothing.  I know that's hard for the heart to accept because we want only to see the gentle, understanding side of our God. Heavenly Father sacrificed His all....the least I can do is sacrifice anything I can't take with me.
In short,  "A Living Sacrifice" is not so much about what I'm giving up but the relationship I gain with Father, God because of my obedience.


CBM has read "A Living Sacrifice" by teacher Watchman Nee and it was a spiritual eye opening experience. 


Remember,

pray without ceasing.
Read your Bible every day and apply it till the Bridegroom comes!

Your sister in Christ
MJJaymz


No comments: