Word Now!

CBM'S OTHER PAGES

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Life You Want To Live vs. The Life You Actually Live

Pic courtesy of Animation Factory
       "The life which God has ordained for Christians is a life that is hid with Christ in God.  Nothing can touch, affect or shake this life."   Those are the words of Watchman Nee* a pastor persecuted and jailed in China back in the 50's for his fearless teachings on a life unto Christ.  Check out Colossians 3-4.

       It's in the Word my friends. How to please God is in the Word.  I urge you to read your Bible everyday until the Words are so embedded in your spirit they fill every available space in your life.  Until there is nothing else that can come out of you except the power of God. This kind of life affects everyone and everything in its presence to the glory of God. No matter what your physical man must endure.

      I can tell you right now I'm in a silent war with my flesh because I can't say that I don't lie,  I can't say that I haven't broken every one of the minimum ten commandments.  But as guilty as I am God's grace abounds that much more (Romans 5:20). Praise my God in Heaven.  I understand that I am unable to be good or even kind of good on my own (Romans 3:23).

      Which like Paul said doesn't give me a license to sin (Romans 6:15) but this unearned grace and mercy sure do carry more weight in my eyes. It makes me want to be hidden with Christ in God because that's where I can be found pleasing to God. I'm not hiding guiltily in the world like Adam (Genesis 3:10)but hiding forgiven in the Word like Christ.  Colossians 3:3  For ye are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God.

So what kind of life are you living? 

*Quote taken from: Watchman Nee. (1986). The Life That Wins.Christian Fellowship Publishers, Inc. NY


Until next time,
Read your Bible
Pray without ceasing

God bless,

MJJaymz

No comments: