Word Now!

CBM'S OTHER PAGES

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The 'Yada Yada' Craze

My first experience with a Yada book (author Neta Jackson) came during one of my book club 'selection' shopping excursions. There are many things I look for in a book and 1st looks can be deceiving.  Not all books with great covers are good reads.  Books with boring or less interesting covers can turn out to be the best experience.  Well I didn't think too much of the Yada Yada Prayer Group (YYPG) at first glance but Oh my goodness, it falls on my list of books to read again and recommend to others. I read the YYPG in book club.  My book club - His Glory Girls (HGGs) read the book in February of this year (09) and loved it!

My favorite scene in the book:  Jodi's husband, eavesdrops on a prayer meeting held at his home and breaks down in tears repenting.  It was powerful stuff. Jodi's praise dance was awesome too.
At the end I felt: Inspired to seek after a deep relationship with God - More of the simple stuff like reading, prayer and listening.
The Plot: Women from very different cultural backgrounds realize what they have in common through their individual trials and tribulations.
Author/s Tidbit - Neta and David Jackson are a husband and wife writing team.  His heritage is in African American descent so his and Neta's is a mixed cultural marriage/writing team.  It works very well for them because they create believable character interactions. 

No comments: