Word Now!

CBM'S OTHER PAGES

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mornings with the 'Good Book'

God morning blog family.  Praise Him! Let me begin with the Word of God. Today in my early hour reading  time the book of Jeremiah 17:5-8 really stirred something up in me.  It reads: Thus saith the Lord ; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh, but shall inhabit the parched places of the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is a man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yelding fruit.


I like to find the little pearls in the Bible like this.  I call them pearls because at first glance the treasure can't be seen.  There is this rough even hard, ugly exterior. But if you continue deeper the way and beauty of what's inside comes forth true and majestic.  Well today's scripture chastises me and provokes me to face the fact that I am guilty of trusting in a man...ME! It's so easy to fall prey to this. I cannot save myself.  I cannot change or exchange myself.  In order to obtain peace, I need to totally trust in God. I must have Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego trust. 

The scripture says if you do trust in men or yourself then there is a curse waiting for you. What in the world?? I don't want that.  Have mercy oh God! As I read the verse further I am able to find the way that blesses me and I find that I am blessed when I trust in the Lord.  That's it... just trust, so simple.  As I go through this day hidden under the shadow of the Almighty I repent of any evil that would separate me from God.  I ask God to take even surround me. I admit. I don't know how to keep me on the narrow path.  Keep me oh God from my self and the enemy that's seeking to kill steal and destroy my soul. Your kingdom come your will be done. Amen!

No comments: